Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hacked Mickey Mouse and range of motion


I hacked a Mickey Mouse toy in order to measure sagittal flexion and extension in the hip joint. I did this by finding the leads to the motor that controls the hips, and powering it externally with a battery. Oh yeah, I had to skin him first too. By doing this I was able to isolate only the motions Mickey made when walking.

I then used an angle guide for a saw to measure flexion and extension





Both flexion and extension terminated at 18 degrees, making the full range of motion 36 degrees. I believe this is comparable to a human gait, which, if I'm reading this chart correctly, is 40 degrees (30 to -10).

1 comment:

  1. Ezizio Diabetic Footwear Online Shopping will let you to know about caring elders they would give you suggestions which would make them healthy as well as they would feel confident which would extend their lifetime without any obstacles.

    ReplyDelete